Situated on the banks of the charming Kerala backwaters, this 18th royal residence, holds history within its walls. This lovingly restored villa features the interior design of the Rajah of Cochin who built this place to be near his beloved temple. Little has changed since that time and this beautiful abode still retains that sense of splendor and serenity for which it was originally built.
Chittoor Kottaram is offered as a private villa, perfect for a honeymoon destination or for a small intimate group.
Dining is a real treat. The cuisine served comprises of the best-kept secrets from Kerala’s kitchens, with authentic recipes prepared by your personal chef. You will be served your meal at any location of your choice– by the waterside with a view of the lake, at the gazebo, in the veranda, or in the company of nature in the open garden.
Things to do:
- Cruise down the Kerala backwaters and enjoy a view of village life
- Enjoy private performances of music and traditional dance
- Explore Cochin (Kochi) by taking a small boat ride and see the sights including the Fort Kochi area
- Relax by having an Ayurveda treatment and feel the stress fall away
- Visit the spice market and sample some of the delights that can be made with the local spices
- Explore the shopping opportunities including the traditional textile and jewellery
- Sit and watch the flora and fauna that surrounds this beautiful area
- Exquisite antique furniture
- 3 regal styled bedrooms with one room with an attached living room
- The finest art collection of Lady Hamlyn
- Plunge pool
- Extensive private garden
- Personal service staff including a 24hr caretaker
- Personal dining experience
- Outdoor dining area with views of the lagoon
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Air conditioned rooms