Dune Mansion Calve is a 150 year old Tamil mansion influenced by French and Baroque architecture. Fusing traditional design with modern touches, accommodation is simple and tasteful offering guests all the amenities they could need. With a commitment to the environment the hotel encourages an organic lifestyle. Located close to great shopping and beautiful architecture, Dune Mansion Calve is the perfect place to begin exploring Puducherry.
Things to do
- With only a few minutes walk, why not spend the day at the beach, letting the sand get between your toes and maybe even watch the sun go down
- Take a stroll admiring the French and Baroque architecture of the town of Puducherry.
- Enjoy a picnic in the Botanical Gardens which is home to more than 1500 species of plants, and offers toy train rides and six fountains which are perfect for photographs
- Learn more about Puducherry by spending the day at Puducherry museum which has a rare collection of stone and bronze sculptures from the Chola and Pallava dynasties and displays past transport, galleries and fossils
- Visit the futuristic city of Auroville which is believed to be a place where research is conducted on human unity. The city believes that goodwill people can live together in harmony
- Indoor play area
- Restaurant with freshly prepared meals
- Free Wi-Fi
The 10 rooms are individually designed in a mix of heritage and contemporary style with a high level of comfort and they are named after the Navaratna (nine gems) as per Indian mythology.
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Seating area
- Flat-screen TV