Greenwoods Resort, Periyar
Set in six acres of forest, Greenwoods is a superior resort where guests can embrace the natural surroundings whilst relaxing under a canopy of exotic trees. This is the perfect resort for nature-loving families, friends or couples, with spacious elegant rooms with balconies or terraces and a host of activities. If you're looking for a South Indian honeymoon, the secluded tree houses or villas with private pools are a romantic choice.
Enjoy the culinary delights of fresh local cuisine crafted from recipes handed down over generations, performances of traditional Kerala art forms and a multitude of activities on offer. There is plenty to enjoy for everyone.
Things to do:
- Greenwoods is all about nature and walking or trekking through the glorious landscape
- For more understanding of traditional dress in India, we propose having a Sari/Dhoti demonstration which is run by the staff at the resort. This demonstration teaches you about Indian Culture and to create the traditional dress
- Why not spend some time in the resort’s games room which offers table tennis, football table, carom board and chess
- Do something different such as taking a bullock cart ride through the farmlands
- Take an open jeep safari in the Periyar Tiger Reserve to get a glimpse of Indian elephants, tigers, bison and deer which roam freely. The reserve also offers a boat ride on the lake where you may see some animals taking a dip.
- Try your hand at bamboo rafting in the Periyar Tiger Reserve and enjoy an adventure along the lake surrounded by beautiful views of the hills
Greenwoods Periyar Resort Facilities:
- Swimming pool
- Children’s play area
- Treetop coffee shop
- Business centre
- Cultural performances
- En-suite bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary toiletries
- Outdoor seating area
- Forest views
- Private pool (Indeevaram, Indraprastham & Rithika only)
- Opportunity to stay in a Kerala Treehouse
At Authentic India Tours, our Kerala holidays are tailor-made to meet your exact requirements. You can stay at Greenwoods, Periyar for a couple of nights as part of a tour, add a few nights as an extension to your trip or make it the centrepiece of a relaxing Kerala holiday.