Discover the Chonor House
Chonor House is the perfect place to stay in Mcleod Ganj as it’s conveniently located near the Thekchen Chöling Temple adjacent to the Dalai Lama’s residence. The accommodation is part of the Norbulingka Institute dedicated to the preservation of Tibetan literature and artistic forms and was built by the British architect David Porter to blend in with the natural environment.
This boutique hotel has eleven rooms which are decorated in a unique Tibetan theme, with beautiful murals featuring nearby regions, appliquéd fabrics, hand-knotted carpets and carved and decorated wooden furniture, all made by local craftsmen.
Dining at Chonor House involves fine international cuisine made with fresh ingredients, alongside cakes, fresh juices, and speciality coffee. The Hummingbird Restaurant menu includes dishes such as handmade ravioli, Tibetan thukpa and Vietnamese spring rolls, which you can eat in the cosy dining room, or alfresco accompanied by gorgeous views and landscaped gardens.
Things to do at the Chonor House
- Learn about Buddhism, Tibetan culture and history on a visit to McLeod Ganj, the home of the 14th Dalai Lama.
- Explore the vast Tsuglagkhang Complex, the largest Tibetan temple outside Tibet
- Meditate in calm surroundings at the Namgyal Monastery, one of the most visited places in Dharamshala and home to around 200 Tibetan monks.
- See the famous 8th-century rock-cut temples with intricate carvings of Hindu deities at Masrur.
Chonor House Hotel Facilities:
- Cyber café
- Laundry service
Chonor House Room Facilities:
- Air conditioning
- Balcony or terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hot water flask and complimentary herbal tea
Staying at Chonor House
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Chonor Hourse or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.