Discover the Gal Oya Lodge
The Gal Oya Lodge is the perfect place to stay in Gal Oya, one of Sri Lanka’s most remote and least frequented wilderness locations, home to a diverse array of species.
Gal Oya Lodge is a one-of-a-kind ecolodge in Sri Lanka, spread out across 20 acres of private jungle. A restaurant, bar, and swimming pool are all part of the facilities, which all harmoniously blend into the gorgeous terrain.
The bungalows take inspiration from rural Sri Lankan villages and are built utilising time-tested native techniques, and the teak and mara wood tables and chairs are handcrafted by local village craftsmen.
The Lodge’s cuisine and locally sourced meals are creative, fresh, and healthy. The day’s menu includes a selection of Sri Lankan and Western dishes prepared with homegrown herbs and vegetables as well as food from nearby village farmers. Curries, sambol, and roti are some of the delectable national favourites.
Things to do at the Gal Oya Lodge:
- Take a stroll with the Lodge’s Vedda neighbours, one of Sri Lanka’s few remaining populations of forest-dwelling indigenous people.
- Try the amazing resort cuisine, lovingly prepared using local ingredients.
- Go on a water safari in Gal Oya National Park to see Asian elephants swimming between the islands
- The Park is also home to 150 types of bird, along with leopards, water buffalo and wild boar, along with langur, sloths and toque macaque monkeys.
Hotel facilities at the Gal Oya Lodge:
- Swimming pool
Room facilities at the Gal Oya Lodge:
The exquisitely crafted rooms include:
- Wake-up service
- Outdoor dining area with furniture
- Seating Area
- Dining area
- Mosquito net
- Ironing facilities
- Clothes rack
Staying at the Gal Oya Lodge
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Gal Oya Lodge, Sri Lanka, or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.