Discover the Galle Face Hotel
The Galle Face Hotel, Sri Lanka’s most recognised landmark, is located in the centre of Colombo, along the seashore and opposite the famed Galle Face Green. The Galle Face Hotel, one of the oldest hotels east of the Suez, has recently been restored to its former splendour and is a must-see for everyone visiting Sri Lanka.
Guests can unwind with a spa treatment or work out in the gym. A business centre is also available at the Galle Face Hotel. Verandah and 1864, the hotel’s two on-site restaurants, serve local and international cuisine. Guests can visit the bar for a drink.
Things to do at the Galle Face Hotel:
- Visit the In… on the Green pub for live music, sports viewings and quiz nights during the week.
- Discover the Gangaramaya Temple with its unique blend of Chinese, Indian, Thai and Sri Lankan style architecture.
- See Sri Lanka’s only Planetarium, the golden sands of Mount Lavinia beach, the Dutch Museum and National Museum, and the Colombo Lotus Tower, a symbolic landmark of Sri Lanka.
Hotel facilities at the Galle Face Hotel:
- Two onsite restaurants
- Swimming pool
- Business centre
Room facilities at the Galle Face Hotel:
These 27 – 30 square metre rooms have a colonial feel with wonderful wood finishes for a nostalgic feeling. Rooms include:
- Air conditioning
- En suite bathroom
- Safety deposit box
- Selection of local Teas
- Wireless and ADSL Internet connection
- Flat-screen television with pay-TV channels
Staying at the Galle Face Hotel:
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Galle Face Hotel, Colombo or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.