Discover the Nilambag Palace
In the heart of the bustling city of Bhavnagar is the glamourous Nilambag Palace Hotel, a wonderful relic of the opulent times of the Maharajas and Maharanis. This regal residence was designed in 1879 by the German architect Simms by Maharaja Saheb Takhatsinhji as a home for the Bhavnagar royal family. The palace was converted into a heritage hotel in 1984 and combines glorious grandeur with modern amenities for an indulgent stay.
One of the best eateries in Bhavnagar, the Nilambag Palace Restaurant boasts an impressively large and majestic dining room adorned with old portraits. The garden makes a beautiful setting at night with tiny fairy lights twinkling in the moonlight. The delicious delights include North Indian dishes, with tasty chicken kebabs alongside many vegetarian options. There is also a quaint coffee shop with comfy sofas, leather-bound classic books, a piano and signed photos of famous spiritual leaders.
Get active in the health club, on the skating rink or tennis court, cool off in the swimming pool, or browse the boutique for some fantastic souvenirs.
Things to do at the Nilambag Palace
- Grab your camera and binoculars and walk to Victoria Park to spot the numerous birds who call it home.
- Head up high on the hill to the beautiful white marble Takhteshwar Temple for some amazing views of the city below.
- Meander past the small shops, lively bazaars and amazing vegetable market in the old city and nibble scrumptious ‘Ganthiya’, a local snack made from chickpea flour.
Nilambag Palace Hotel Facilities
- Coffee shop
- Health club (steam bath with minor charges)
- Multi-cuisine restaurant
- Personal trainer available
- Skating rink
- Swimming pool
Nilambag Palace Room Facilities
The wide range of rooms at Nilambag Palace, Bhavnagar all offer modern amenities. Rooms include:
- Air conditioning
- Free WiFi
Staying at Nilambag Palace
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Nilambag Palace or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.