Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Discover the Oberoi Cecil
Once the most exclusive hotel in Shimla during the times of the British Raj, the Oberoi Cecil in Shimla oozes classic elegance and colonial charm. This Heritage Grand Hotel has a wonderfully warm atmosphere, with a grand atrium lobby to welcome you, glowing fireplaces to cosy up by and fantastic panoramic mountain views.
The hotel restaurant still resembles the popular ballroom it once was, which hosted dances for its grand clientele. Gaze out on magical views across the Shimla valley whilst feasting on international, pan-Indian and local Himachali dishes. The lounge and bar offers English-style high teas, freshly brewed coffees, premium alcoholic beverages and snacks, along with classical piano each evening, all under a huge skylight.
Relax and unwind in the heated indoor pool, workout in the fitness centre, or treat yourself to a session in the Oberoi Spa. This oasis of calm nestled in the mountainside is exclusive to guests and offers a range of Eastern and Western-influenced treatments.
Things to do at the Oberoi Cecil
- Explore the wonderful shops and restaurants, barter in the bazaars, or wander through the narrow lanes of the pedestrianised town centre
- Keep an eye out for British Raj and Victorian architecture dotted around, along with a variety of temples and churches.
- Visit the Viceroys Lodge (where the decision was taken to partition India)
Oberoi Cecil Hotel Facilities
- Bar and lounge
- Business centre
- Fitness centre
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Spa offering a range of massages, treatments and therapies
Oberoi Cecil Room Facilities
The lavish rooms at the Oberoi Cecil feature classic furnishings, teak wood floors and garden or valley views. You can also be waited on by your own personal butler offering round the clock service. Rooms feature:
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom with high pressure shower
- Toiletries with natural ingredients, specially blended for Oberoi Hotels
- 24-hour butler service
- 24-hour in room dining
- 24-hour express laundry service
- 32” LCD television
- Wide range of national and international news, sports and film channels
- 100% cotton bathrobes exclusively designed for Oberoi Hotels
- Air conditioning
- Direct dial telephone line
- DVD player
- Electronic safe
- Fully stocked personal bar
- High speed internet for up to four devices
- Pillow menu features a range to suit every personal preference
- Turndown service
- Walk-in wardrobe and separate luggage space
Staying at the Oberoi Cecil
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Oberoi Cecil or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.