Discover The Old Inn
Stunning views of the Annapurnas, Machhapuchre, and Manaslu await you at the Old Inn in the hilltop town of Bandipur. This ancient Inn, in the middle of the old bazaar, is a wonderful example of Newari architecture. Its four storeys of evocative living spaces are constructed completely of warm red brick and timber, with carved beams and stairs. The accommodation offers a ‘pedestrian only’ bazaar, balconies, a south-facing verandah, and a north-facing terrace. Food is mostly rustic Nepali in style, which means it’s simple, delicious, and made exclusively from locally sourced organic products.
Things to do in Bandipur:
- Explore charming Bandipur, a living museum of Newari culture
- Discover restored temples and municipal structures, along with derelict buildings that have been reincarnated as cafes and lodges.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Marsyangdi river valley and the Himalayas
- Experience rural Nepal and community life
Hotel facilities at The Old Inn:
- Mini market on site
- Outdoor fireplace
- Restaurant serving mostly rustic Nepali style dishes
- BBQ facilities
- Breakfast in the room
- ATM/cash machine on site
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
Room facilities at The Old Inn:
- Balcony or terrace
- Mountain or city view
- Bath or shower
- Electric blankets
- Free toiletries
Staying at The Old Inn
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Old Inn, Bandipur or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.