Sundarban Jungle Camp, Sundarban
Located at Bali Island overlooking a palm-fringed pond, Sundarban Jungle Camp is a comfortable wildlife lodge in a perfect location to explore the flora and fauna of the Sundarbans – the world’s largest mangrove forest. This fantastic accommodation combines a unique wilderness experience with modern comfort.
The resort was built in partnership with locals to give them a livelihood and reduce tiger-human conflict. It is owned by Help Tourism who specialise in purposeful, eco-friendly travel to natural areas in east and northeast India.
As an eco-friendly resort, the camp uses solar power for water heating and lighting and demonstrates green practices. Well-appointed bungalows and mud cottages blend in with the lush surroundings and all have modern facilities.
The open restaurant area is the perfect setting to sample traditional Bengali dishes and a range of other cuisines.
Things to do
- Explore the Sundarbans, the world’s largest mangrove forest.
- Visit the tiger reserve to try and catch a glimpse of India’s iconic Royal Bengal Tiger.
- Climb the Netidhopani and Sajnekhali Watchtowers for great views over the forest
- Spend some time at Bhagabatpur Crocodile Project, the only crocodile project in West Bengal, located on the bank of the Saptamukhi Estuary.
Hotel facilities at Sundarban Jungle Camp
- Children’s play area
- Dining area
- Solar water heating and lighting
- Travel desk
Room facilities at Sundarban Jungle Camp
- Hot water heaters
- Modern bathrooms
- Private decks
- Room service
- Teas and coffee facilities
Staying at Sundarban Jungle Camp
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at Sundarban Jungle Camp or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.