Discover the Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
The stately Taj Mahal Palace opened in 1903 and overlooks the majestic Gateway of India in Mumbai. This legendary hotel has played host to kings, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe and is within walking distance from Colaba Causeway, known for its touristy tiny roadside shops, with the city’s shopping districts and tourist attractions nearby.
The hotel hosts 9 of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants and bars, renowned for delectable cuisines from India, Europe, the Middle East and the Orient. Relish authentic Indian cuisine at Masala Kraft; world famous Japanese dishes at Wasabi by Morimoto; exquisite Eastern Mediterranean food at Souk and Chinese at Golden Dragon. Dine all day at Shamiana and choose from the exotic range of sumptuous desserts at La Patisserie. Unwind with a refreshing meal at Aquarius, the poolside restaurant; and visit the stylish Harbour Bar. Signature experiences such as the afternoon tea at Sea Lounge and private dining at the Chef’s Studio make your stay with us truly memorable.
Things to do at the Taj Mahal Palace:
- Visit the iconic Gateway of India, an enormous monumental arch on the waterfront overlooking the Arabian Sea.
- Discover the ornate Elephanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with their amazing rock-cut stone sculptures.
- Explore the 19th century Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take in the sea breeze on an early morning or late evening stroll along the promenade
Hotel facilities at the Taj Mahal Palace:
- Choice of restaurants
- Fitness centre
- Swimming pool
Room facilities at the Taj Mahal Palace:
- 24-hour in-room dining
- 24-hour personalised butler service
- 40-inch flat-screen TV with satellite programmes
- Bottles of mineral water
- Complimentary newspapers
- Complimentary WiFi
- Daily housekeeping & turndown service
- Tea-coffee maker
Staying at the Taj Mahal Palace
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Taj Mahal Palace or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.