The Elgin Nor-khill, Gangtok, Sikkim
Discover The Elgin Nor-Khill
Located at 5000 feet in the Himalayas rights in the heart of Gangtok town is the fabulous Elgin Nor-Khill Gangtok. This luxury heritage hotel celebrates the elegance and grace of the Kings era in Sikkim. You’ll experience the warmest of welcomes as you step into the lobby lounge, awash with bright folk art depicting dragons and flame symbols and the snug interior features etchings, lithographs, period teak furniture, oak panels and crackling fireplaces.
Famous guests have included the Crown Prince of Sikkim, the Dalai Lama and Hollywood celebrities Shirley MacLean and Michael Douglas.
Nor-Khill translates as ‘house of jewels’, referring to the natural beauty of the surrounding flowers, fruit, mountains and valleys, which can be seen from each of the 25 deluxe rooms. The hotel is perfectly located to explore the nearby ancient monasteries, mountain scenery and pine forests, and is mere walking distance from the famous M.G road (High Street) and its cafes, restaurants and bars.
Take your pick from sumptuous traditional dishes or Asian and European set menus in the wood-panelled dining room, or light snacks and drinks from the outdoor gazebo. Have a cool drink in the bar accompanied by soft refrains from the grand piano before heading to your room to relax.
Things to do at The Elgin Nor-khill:
- Glide over Gangtok in the famous cable car – the perfect way to see the sights if you’ve go5t got a head for heights!
- Discover the impressive hilltop Rumtek Monastery where the sacred rituals and practices of Karma Kagyu are performed. The complex also houses the Karma Shri Nalanda Institute for Higher Buddhist Studies.
- Explore the beautiful scenery on an evening walk to watch the sun go down over the mountains.
The Elgin Nor-khill Hotel Facilities:
- Afternoon tea lounge
- Multi-cuisine dining room
- Laundry service
- Wireless internet access in the hotel lounge
- Business centre services with meetings and conference facilities
The Elgin Nor-khill Room Facilities:
Each room gives you a taste of luxury and a magnificent view of the Himalayas. Rooms include:
- Bath with shower, bathrobes & slippers
- Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities
- Designer toiletries by Salveo Botanicals
- LCD satellite TV
- Wireless internet access
Staying at The Elgin Nor-khill
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at The Elgin Nor-khill or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.
15 Day Foothills of the Eastern Himalayas Holiday
Price From: £2995
Type: Tailor-made, Car & Driver
Be amazed by the heights of the spectacular Eastern Himalayas, marvel at the natural beauty of Darjeeling’s tea growing slopes, and discover historic temples and Sikkim’s rich culture.