Discover The Elgin Silver Oaks
This luxury accommodation in Kalimpong was built in 1930 by a British jute magnate, who later sold the house to Fredrick Deshraj who built the Teesta bridge. Inside, you’ll find classically elegant interiors with chandeliers, wood panelling and pillars and chandeliers, together with lithographs of old masters, period furniture and bookshelves with handpicked publications.
Outside you can experience breath-taking views including majestic Mount Kanchenjunga on a clear day, and immaculately landscaped gardens where butterflies flutter amongst gorgeous asters azaleas, geraniums, irises, orchids and petunias. It’s the perfect place to sip a cup of the finest Darjeeling tea in the shade of a gazebo.
The wood-panelled dining room offers a multitude of cuisines including Asian, Continental, European Indian and Italian whilst the outdoor gazebo and garden lawn area serves up a delicious light menu including snacks and drinks. Unwind in the bar to the soft tunes of the piano before heading to your room for a restful night.
Things to do at The Elgin Silver Oaks:
- Head to Zang Dhok Palri Phodang, Kalimpong’s largest monastery, famous for its beautiful paintings, majestic architecture and spectacular views over the town, surrounding forest and Mount Kanchenjunga on a clear day.
- Venture to the top floor of Tharpa Choling Monastery for amazing views over the Himalayas and to admire its collection of colourful idols of the presiding deity.
- Hire a horse or pony and trek across the valley
The Elgin Silver Oaks Hotel Facilities:
- 24 hours concierge
- 24 Hours laundry service
- Afternoon tea lounge
- Full-service spa
- In-house movie library
- Activity centre for children
- Business centre services with meetings and conference facilities
- Mountain bikes on rent
- Wireless internet access in the hotel lounge
The Elgin Silver Oaks Room Facilities:
Rooms at The Elgin Silver Oaks have views across the valley and the Himalayas and include a vanity counter, bathtub and designer toiletries. Rooms include:
- 24 hours in-room-dining
- Designer toiletries by Salveo Botanicals in all bathrooms
- Private bath with shower, bathrobes & slippers
- LCD TV
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities in all rooms
Staying at The Elgin Silver Oaks
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at The Elgin Silver Oaks or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.