Discover The Judge’s Court
The Judge’s Court Country Hotel is a hidden gem nestled in the heritage village of Pragpur in the Kangra Valley of Himachal Pradesh. This 300-year-old ancestral accommodation has been painstakingly restored to keep its original style but to add modern touches.
This fantastic heritage hotel was India’s first classified Heritage Country Manor and has a lovely ambience reminiscent of the turn of the 20th Century. There are 10 luxurious rooms, an outdoor pool and indoor or alfresco dining options.
The Judges Court has a green and sustainable approach, with milk sourced from a dairy on the premises and water piped from an ancestral mountain spring. The buildings are enclosed in a 12-acre orchard consisting of citrus, lychee, mango, plum and exotic trees like camphor, cardamom and clove and the hotel also grows its own vegetables, wheat, maize and oilseeds.
Things to do at The Judge’s Court
- Explore the narrow cobbled streets of Pragpur to see a variety of architectural styles including Havelis, Portuguese-style mansions and British and Italian-style buildings
- Visit Lala Rerumal Haveli, a beautiful palace set amongst colourful gardens
- Receive blessings from the three nearby shakti peethas (shrines of the Mother Goddess) to receive blessings.
- Stock up on souvenirs in the market, where you can choose from a range of local handicrafts
The Judge’s Court Hotel Facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast buffet
- Laundry service
The Judge’s Court Room Facilities
The spacious rooms at the Judge’s Court contain all the facilities you need to relax and unwind in a calming atmosphere. Rooms include:
- Drinking water
- Free WiFi
- Room safe
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Private bathroom
Staying at the Judge’s Court
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Judges’s Court or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.