At Authentic India Tours our Kerala houseboat holidays are tailor made to meet your exact requirements. You can stay on a houseboat for a night as part of a tour, add a few nights on as an extension to your trip or make it the centre piece of your wonderful Kerala adventure.
The main advantage of staying more than one night is that you get to explore the more remote backwaters for a richer view of rural Indian life. Just imagine an area nourished by 44 rivers, a vast network of lakes and 1500 kms of canals all lined by palm trees and picturesque small villages - that's a lot of exploring.
All of our Kerala houseboats are air conditioned and have their own staff to cook for you and navigate the boat through the enchanting backwaters.
- Houseboats or Kettuvalloms are eco-friendly and furnished comfortably that provide all comforts of a hotel.
- Houseboats range from 1 bedroom to 4 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
- Bedrooms are air-conditioned in deluxe houseboats.
- Luxury Houseboats provide 24/7 air-conditioning in the living areas and in bedrooms.
- Houseboats have an open living area (air-conditioned living area for luxury houseboats) and a fully equipped kitchen
- Delicious, fresh and plentiful Keralan cuisine, with ingredients bought en route, are cooked on board by your personal chef
- Some houseboats have sundeck or viewing deck with comfortable sun loungers
- Each houseboat comes with its own crew consisting of a driver and assistant plus a personal cook who dishes up tantalising local cuisine.
- Houseboats provide a peaceful and relaxing experience while lazily cruising through the lakes and canals.