Meander through the canals, lakes and rivers of the Kerala Backwater on your very own Houseboat, and allow guests to see the sights of the area of Kerala via the water. The houseboat comes with its own staff who can attend to your needs.
The Wonders of a Kerala Houseboat Wedding
With endless possibilities, a Kerala Houseboat would be the perfect location for either a unique large or intimate wedding. The Houseboat will allow you to invite your friends and family to see you tie the knot away from the hustle and bustle. This would also be an amazing wedding reception venue.
Ideas for a Houseboat Wedding
Whatever your ideas, we will work with you and the Houseboat staff to create your perfect wedding including themes, flowers and colour schemes. Here are just a couple of ideas to make your wedding special:
- Take your wedding outside for both ceremony and wedding reception. We can create a ‘mandap’ in one of the wedding locations along the Backwaters.
- Arrange a pre-wedding Mehndi ceremony which takes place in the presence of your friends, relative and family members. The Mehndi Ceremony is an event that is an indispensable part of the wedding celebrations in India and generally refers to the application of a henna paste in elaborate intricate designs on the bride's hands and feet.
- Depending on how you visualise your dream wedding, we can organise for you to stop off at one of the points and enjoy elephants, local musicians and artists, Mehndi designers and maybe some stunning fireworks in the back drop of the comforting water to entertain your guests. If you wish to have a bit of a European touch, we can arrange western style music for an evening party.
- You could enjoy a customary traditional Hindu style wedding with priests coming from the nearby temple to officiate.
- How about the bride and groom arriving to the venue in style on a majestically caparisoned elephant, while the enthralling percussion ensembles to accompany you.
On booking your wedding or honeymoon with Authentic India Tours you will be appointed with a personal wedding coordinator, who will manage the process for you and ensure that everything is perfect on your big day. If you would like more details call on 01792 315499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also take a look at our wonderful range of Kerala Holiday Packages here.