This beautiful heritage hotel was once the home of the Maharaj Ratan Singh, and still retains a regal feel, with grand pillars, secluded courtyards and luscious lawns. A welcome retreat hidden away from the bustling Indian streets, this palatial paradise has a glorious outdoor swimming pool for a cooling dip after a day’s exploring, and a small boutique for gifts and souvenirs.
For breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can sample a medley of traditional Indian flavours and continental fares in the dining room or al fresco amongst the trees in the garden.
Things to do:
- Roam around the blue-hued houses in the old area of the 'Blue City'
- Try the delicious local food, including sweets, mirchi bada (a type of filled fritter) and the exotic dessert mawa kachori.
- Head to the interconnecting Sadar bazar, Tripoliya market and Nai-Sarak Market to buy holiday souvenirs.
- Explore the grand Mehrangarh Fort in the centre of the City which contains palaces with impressive courtyards and intricate carvings, and several galleries
- Visit the Jaswant Thadam cenotaph, the cremation ground for the Marwar royal family, dating back to 1899
Hotel facilities at Ratan Vilas, Jodhpur:
- 24-hour front desk
- Dining room serving traditional Indian flavours and continental fare
- Laundry and dry cleaning services can be arranged
- Luggage storage facilities
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Souvenir shop
Room facilities at Ratan Vilas, Jodhpur:
The stately rooms at Ratan Vilas surround the traditional shaded inner courtyards and have seating areas where you can curl up with a book. The ensuite bathrooms have beautiful marble bathtubs for an indulgent soak, and if you’re feeling peckish, you can summon room service for a light snack or full meal. Rooms include:
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom with marble bathtubs
- Continuous supply of hot water
- Double or twin beds
- Hi-speed WiFi
- In-room seating
- LED TVs with satellite connection
- Luggage racks
- Portable heater for winters
- Room service available (fixed hours)
- Safety locker
- Separate shower enclosure
- Tea/coffee maker
- Writing table
At Authentic India Tours our North India holidays are tailor made to meet your exact requirements. You can stay at Ratan Vilas, Jodhpur for a couple of nights as part of a tour, add some nights as an extension to your trip or make it the centre piece of your North Indian holiday.