Located in the middle of a rubber plantation, Serenity is a 1920s converted plantation bungalow which retains its original wood panelling and character. With beautiful views, a peaceful setting and the tang of spice in the air, peace and tranquillity is exactly what is delivered here. A swimming pool, Ayurveda spa and expertly produced traditional Indian cuisine all add to the wonderful experience on offer.
Serenity is member of the Indian Heritage Hotels Association.
Things to do:
- Serenity’s major highlight is a day with the Lakshmi Elephant or join her for evening bathing time
- Join a Yoga class, the platform located in the garden is dedicated to individual or group yoga classes
- Take part in cooking classes and demonstrations by the expert in-house chef
- Indulge in some wonderful treatments at the Purespa
- Explore the local area with a Bullock cart excursion
- Enjoy undisturbed walks, in the surrounding rubber plantation and see how rubber is produced. The area also includes cocoa, pepper, coffee, cardamom, pineapple, tapioca, papaya and banana plantations
- Visit to an orchid nursery
- Excursions can also be arranged to a wide range of places including the Aranmula cultural centre on the River Pamba, the Mural painting museum, Lord Krishna temple, Ettumanur which has stunning frescoes l Excursions to Kerala’s main Christian Centre at Kottayam, Tea plantations with a visit to the tea factory in Kumily and to Thekkady for the spices plantations.
Serenity Resort Facilities:
- Garden dining, meals, snacks and drinks can be served in the garden by the swimming pool. The evening dinner can be served in the garden pavilion, the pool side area or in the dining room
- Front desk staffed 24/7
- Money changing
- Laundry & Ironing
- Swimming pool surrounded by Cocoa trees
- Pure Spa with Ayurveda treatments
- Free WiFi
- Badminton court
- TV & DVD & Music player with an in-house collection of movies in the common sitting room.
- Bicycles for the use of hotel residents are complimentary
The Serenity offer 6 rooms all furnished with an eclectic mix of period furniture, artwork and design. The property is ideal for family or for a group of friends as a villa rental. Each room has
- Private bathroom with free toiletries
- Beautiful views with private verandas and terraces
- Private bathroom with complimentary toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Bottle water plus tea and coffee making facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Room service