Have a stately stay in the majestic Taj Mahal, Lucknow, a palatial hotel located next to the Gomti River. This opulent accommodation is the ideal base for exploring lively Lucknow, and the exquisite furnishings will make you feel like royalty. Set in 20 acres of lawns, there is plenty of outdoor space to enjoy, including a man-made lake. Re-energise in the fitness centre, take a dip in the pool or just relax amongst luxurious surroundings.
Rooms are well-furnished with modern amenities and offer garden or lake views. Feast on cross-continental cuisine in the Sahib Café all-day diner, try Nawab dishes in Oudhyana or unwind with a drink in the Colonial-inspired Saqi lounge bar.
Things to do
- Discover the Bara Imambara, an enormous former place of worship built in the 18th century with its intriguing corridor of mazes that lead to a mixture of entrances, exits or dead ends.
- A key symbol of Lucknow is the Turkish Gate or Rumi Darwaza. Formerly the entrance gate to the Old City, this beautifully carved monument towers at 60ft high and is a must-see.
- The Residency was a large complex of residential quarters, stables and an armoury for the British General, a representative of the British East India Company and today’s ruins still reflect its former glory.
- Enjoy the colonial-era charm of Martinière College, an influential educational establishment that produced service people who played major roles in the two World Wars and the wars of Independent India.
- Be dazzled by the sparkling chandeliers in the Hussainabad Imambara complex, nicknamed the ‘palace of lights’.
Hotel facilities at the Taj Mahal, Lucknow
- 20 Acres of Lush Lawns
- 24-hour Fitness Centre
- Located adjacent to the Gomti River
- Man-made lake with jogging track
Room facilities at the Taj Mahal, Lucknow
The rooms at the Taj Mahal, Lucknow have modern comforts and luxurious touches for a pleasant stay. Rooms include:
- 24-hour in-room dining
- 32 inch LCD TV
- Bath amenities are Forest Essentials, made from natural ingredients
- Complimentary WiFi
- Dual-line telephones
- Electronic safe
- Ergonomically designed study table, chair & sofa
- Forest Essentials bath amenities made from natural ingredients
- Housekeeping service twice daily – morning cleaning and evening turndown
- King or twin beds
- Garden or lawn views
- Non-smoking rooms available
- Personal tea/coffee makers, mineral water and newspapers
- Pillow menu
- Traditionally designed study table, chair and sofa
- Treat Yourself cabinet with a selection of health drinks, snacks, chocolate treats and beverages (charges apply)
- Use of pool and fitness centre
At Authentic India Tours, our India holidays are tailor-made to meet your exact requirements. You can stay at the Taj Mahal, Lucknow for a couple of nights as part of a tour, add some nights as an extension to your trip or make it the centrepiece of your Indian holiday.