Situated on the banks of the Vembanad Lake, The Zuri Kumarakom Resort and Spa offers spectacular views of the Kerala Backwaters and traditional Kerala architecture with a few modern luxuries. The resort has the ability to make you relax and unwind in its tranquil surroundings and even has a spa which can help achieve this too.
With the location being so picturesque, this would be the perfect location for either a large or intimate wedding. Imagine saying your vows against a magical backdrop of 18-acres of lush greenery, whilst the calm waters flow quietly in the background. This would help you make memories that you will cherish forever.
Ideas for your Kerala Backwaters
Whatever your wedding vision, we will work with you and the hotel to create your ideal wedding including themes, flowers and colour schemes. Here are just a couple of ideas to make your wedding special:
- Take your wedding outside for both ceremony and wedding reception. We can create a ‘mandap’ against the serene backwaters or choose the greenery of lawn and poolside as your location for your ceremony which is perfect for your wedding photos.
- Arrange a pre-wedding Mehndi ceremony which takes place in the presence of your friends, relative and family members. The Mehndi Ceremony is an event that is an indispensable part of the wedding celebrations in India and generally refers to the application of a henna paste in elaborate intricate designs on the bride's hands and feet.
- Depending on how you envisage your dream wedding, we can make arrangements for elephants, local musicians and artists, Mehndi designers and maybe some stunning fireworks in the back drop of the backwaters to entertain your guests. If you wish to have a bit of a European touch, we can organise western style music for an evening party.
- You could enjoy a customary traditional Hindu style wedding with priests coming from the nearby temple to officiate.
- How about the bridegroom arriving to the venue in style on a majestically caparisoned elephant and the bride on a beautifully decorated country boat while the enthralling percussion ensembles to accompany you.
On booking your wedding or honeymoon with Authentic India Tours you will be appointed with a personal wedding coordinator, who will manage the process for you and ensure that everything is perfect on your big day. If you would like more details call on 01792 315499 or email email@example.com