Discover Nameri National Park
Located in the foothills of the Eastern Himalayas in the Sonitpur District of Assam, Nameri National Park is a bird lover’s paradise with over 300 species of birds.
The third national park in Assam is next to the Pakhui (Pakke) Sanctuary of Arunachal Pradesh and together they cover over 1,000 square kilometres of semi-evergreen, deciduous forests with bamboo, cane, and narrow strips of open grassland alongside the river Jia- Bhoroli.
The Park’s inaccessibility has helped the wildlife flourish, with hundreds of different species waiting to be spotted on a trek.
Animals, birds and vegetation that inhabit Nameri National Park
- Mammals: Assamese Macaque, Barking Black Panther, Capped Langur, Clouded Leopard, Deer, Dhole, Dog Deer, Elephant, Flying Squirrel, Fox, Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan yellow Throated Martin, Hispid Hare, Indian Bison, Indian Hare, Lesse Cats, Leopard, Malayan giant Squirrel, Rhesus Macaque, Sambar, Sloth Bear, Slow Loris, Tiger, Wild Pig etc.
- Birds: Black Stork, Common Mergernser, Fairly Blue Bird, Great Pied Hornbill, Hill Myna, Himalayan pied Kingfisher, Ibis Bill, Khallej Pheasant, King Vulture, Large Whistling Teal, Long Billed Ring Plover, Pin tailed green Pigeon, Rufous Necked Hornbill, Three Toed kingfisher, White Winged Wood Duck, Wreathed Hornbill, etc.
- Reptiles: Asian Leaf Turtle, Assam Roof Turtle, Banded Krait, Cobra, Indian soft Shelled Turtle, Keeled Box turtle,King Cobra, Malayan Box Turtle, Narrow Headed soft Shelled Turtle, Pit Viper, Russels Viper, Python, Rat Snake etc.
- Flora: Agaru, Ahollock, Ajar, Amari, Bhelou, Bogipoma, Bonjolokia, Bonsum Gamari, Titachopa, Urium poma, Rudraksha, Hatipolia akhakan, Nahor, Siya Nahar, Simul, etc. Orchoids include Creepers, Cymbidium, Dendrobium, Ladies Sleeper, Lianas, and Tree Fern.
- Butterflies: Hesperiidae, Lycaenidae, Nymphalidae, Papilionidae and Peridae.
The best way to see Nameri National Park
If you would like to visit Nameri National Park, why not take a look at one of our wonderful ATOL and ABTA protected holidays? Please remember all our private tours are designed to meet your exact requirements, and the tours mentioned are just examples to help inspire you. Contact our travel experts on 01792 315499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.