Our Bhutan Travel Guides will tell you all you need to know about visiting wonderful and unique Bhutan.
Bhutan Travel Guides
Will you visit the famous clifftop Tiger’s Nest Monastery (Taktshang Goemba) to admire the view? Or traverse the Dochlua Pass with its 108 memorial stupas (monuments) and get a flavour of rural Bhutan in Punakha. Whatever you choose, you’ll make memories to last a lifetime in this magical destination.
Bhutan Travel Facts
- The population of Bhutan is around 770,000
- Visas are required as only a limited number of tourists can enter the country at any one time
- Admire men in the national dress of Argyll socks and knee-length, cross-buttoned tunics
- Spot the ‘takin’, a cross between a cow and a goat that is the national symbol of Bhutan
- The national sport of Bhutan is archery
- Foreign television and tobacco are banned in Bhutan
- The country’s success is measured in GNH (Gross National Happiness)