Our Maldives Travel Guides will tell you all you need to know about visiting the enchanting Maldives.
Maldives Travel Guides
The Maldives is a slice of paradise with its crystal clear waters, gorgeous weather and over-water cabins on stilts.
Alongside relaxing beaches, the Maldives also has a rich culture and fascinating history, making it a dream holiday destination.
Maldives Travel Facts
Here are 10 facts about the Maldives to show you more about these Indian Ocean islands
1. Less than a fifth of the islands are inhabited
2. It has only been a holiday destination for 50 years
3. The beaches are extremely rare
4. Shells were once used as currency
5. A great place to spot whale sharks
6. It’s the world’s lowest nation
7. Location of the first underwater cabinet meeting
8. The islands have been inhabited for over 3,000 years
9. The national language is Dhivehi
10. Weekend days are Fridays and Saturdays