Located in a former Victorian boatyard over looking the harbour, The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is the perfect luxury wedding venue. What once stood as the site of a boat manufacturing business belonging to Geo Brunton and Sons, the building has been lovingly restored to provide travellers with a glimpse into 19th Century life in Kochi, complete with tall ceilings and traditional low hanging fans. It is little wonder that Salman Rushdie based the first chapters of The Moor’s Last Sigh in this hotel.
An elegant, luxury wedding venue
With its elegant colonial style, The Brunton Boatyard is a gorgeous venue for the sophisticated, modern couple who appreciate culture and heritage. This beautifully restored luxury hotel enjoys fabulous views of Cochin Harbour and amazing sunsets from the expansive outside terraces. The hotel is a stunning location for either a large or intimate wedding.
The Brunton Boatyard offers a large courtyard where the ceremony could take place under the grand trees, and the pier is ideal to host your wedding reception with expertly cooked cuisines.
Planning your luxury wedding
Whatever your ideas, we will work with you and the hotel to create your perfect wedding including themes, flowers and colour schemes. Here are just a couple of ideas to make your wedding special:
- Take your wedding outside for both ceremony and wedding reception. We can create a ‘mandap’ against the views of the habour.
- Arrange a pre-wedding Mehndi ceremony which takes place in the presence of your friends, relative and family members. The Mehndi Ceremony is an event that is an indispensable part of the wedding celebrations in India and generally refers to the application of a henna paste in elaborate intricate designs on the bride’s hands and feet.
- Depending on how you visualise your dream wedding, we can organise for local musicians and artists, Mehndi designers and maybe some stunning fireworks in the backdrop of the calming water to entertain your guests. If you wish to have a bit of a European touch, we can arrange western-style music for an evening party.
- You could enjoy a customary traditional Hindu style wedding with priests coming from the nearby temple.
- How about the bride arriving on a beautifully decorated country boat while the enthralling percussion ensembles to accompany you.
On booking your wedding or honeymoon with Authentic India Tours you will be appointed with a personal wedding coordinator, who will manage the process for you and ensure that everything is perfect on your big day. If you would like more details call on 01792 315499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org