Discover the Ambady Estate
Ambady Estate is located in the Western Ghats and covers 70 acres of beautiful land surrounded by the Parvathy Hills and Sahya rainforest. This unique plantation is ideal for nature lovers and offers a peaceful retreat. Capturing the essence of India and focusing on being at “one with nature”, you can enjoy natural organic produce in an environment created from locally sourced materials. Colonial style cottages with modern bedrooms, living areas and private gardens make up the accommodation.
Ambady Estate Facilities
- Restaurant – The dining ambience is in complete harmony with nature. The restaurant is enriched with natural materials like palm leaves and elephant grass obtained from the estate itself. The restaurant offers meals which feature the vivid flavours of locally grown organic vegetables and herbs. It offers a choice of delicacies including Indian, Western and Oriental options, although most guests enjoy the expertly produced authentic local dishes.
- Activities – You can trek through the cardamom plantation under the shade of a variety of evergreen trees, most of which are more than 100 years old. Bird watching – Birds like bulbuls, sunbirds, barbets, tree-pie, Malabar whistling thrush, babblers, drangos, the vernal hanging parrots are some of the resident birds of the plantation. Wildlife spotting – Macaques, forest squirrels, Malabar giant squirrels, flying squirrels and barking deer are seen inside the plantation
Ambady Estate Room Facilities
Ambady Estate offers four twin cottages retaining all the charm of colonial bungalows, providing an invigorating and rejuvenating holiday experience. The cottage style accommodation consists of tastefully appointed large and spacious bedrooms with an attached living area and private garden.
- En-suite bathroom
- Bottled water
Activities which can be organised
- Butterfly migration spotting
- Local farm experience. You can participate in plantation activities, which include picking and processing of cardamom, coffee and pepper
- Guided trek – We arrange guided treks along the steep mountains of the Western Ghats. This five-hour guided trek gives you a wonderful view of Munnar
- In-house guided trek – A trek with a naturalist through the cardamom forest of Ambady Estate on to the grasslands of Parvathy Hills down by the side of the reserve forest of Letchmi Hills, finally through the tea plantations to Old Munnar
- Jeep safari
- Cooking demonstrations on traditional Kerala dishes are arranged on special request
Staying at the Ambady Estate
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Ambady Estate or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.