Discover the Camp Footprint
If you’re looking for a unique stay in the hills, then Camp Footprint is the perfect choice. Free from any fancy facilities, the three fixed glass-fronted tepees offer you a stripped-back stay that’s an out of this world experience. Located high on the slopes of Meesapulimalai, the camp has panoramic views of the plains of Tamil Nadu, verdant forests and the Munnar peaks.
The luxury tepees are equipped with cosy beds, private en-suite facilities, and an unbeatable view right from your room. The menu at Camp Footprint is simple but wholesome, made with locally-sourced wholesome food. Please note that the last part of the journey to Camp Footprint has to be made on foot, which can be around 3km depending on the weather conditions.
Things to do at the Camp Footprint
- See classic hill station imagery in Yellapetty, just down the road from Top Station, where men in checked dhotis and roaming cattle go merrily about their day.
- Sip a made to order a cup of tea and watch the world go slowly by from the village tea shop in Yellapetty
- Try and spot the local wildlife, including the Nilgiri Thar, Sambar Deer, Wild Dogs, Wild Gaur and Sloth Bear.
- The clear skies are the perfect canvas for stargazing.
Camp Footprint Hotel Facilities:
- Amazing views
- Dining areas with locally sourced food
Camp Footprint Room Facilities:
Accommodation at Camp Footprint is in stunning glass-fronted tepees. They include:
- Kingsize or twin beds
- Coffee and tea making equipment
- Views from the tepees
Staying at the Camp Footprint
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Camp Footprint or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.