Discover the Clarkes Hotel
One of Shimla’s oldest hotels, with architecture dating from the colonial era, Clarkes Hotel combines old-world charm, modern comforts and great service. Oozing the elegance and grace of the British Imperial era, the hotel resembles a colonial bungalow and offers amazing views over stunning Shimla.
Step back to the time of the British Raj in the Dining Hall, where you can take in panoramic views of mountains, forests and the city whilst savouring Indian, continental and Chinese cuisine. Or why not enjoy al fresco drinks out on the terrace in the evening air, or relax and unwind in the late 18th-century lounge bar.
Things to do the Clarkes Hotel
- Explore the multitude of Tudorbethan and neo-Gothic buildings, along with a variety of temples and churches.
- Glide along on the largest natural ice skating rink in South Asia.
- Wander through the streets to barter for souvenirs in the busy bazaars.
- Relax on the hotel terrace taking in the beautiful panoramic views.
Clarkes Hotel Facilities
- 24-hour reception
- Choice of Restaurants and Bars
- Accessible facilities
- Currency exchange
- Iron and ironing board
- Luggage room
- Porter assistance
Clarkes Hotel Room facilities
The tastefully appointed rooms at Clarkes Hotel offer a range of amenities for your comfort during your stay in Shimla. Rooms feature:
- En-suite bathrooms
- Bottled water
- Safety deposit box
- Tea/coffee maker
- TV with satellite channels
Staying at the Clarkes Hotel
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Clarkes Hotel or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.