Discover the Coconut Lagoon
The Coconut Lagoon offers an inspiring location on the tranquil Vembanad Lake, one of India’s largest inland lakes with its own distinctive ecology that supports a plethora of natural life.
This fantastic hotel won silver in the 2018 World Responsible Tourism Awards for “Best for Creating Local Economic Benefit”.
No two rooms are the same, they are quirky and inspiring with painstakingly sourced old furniture, artefacts and materials either directly from traditional manors or items that have been made by skilled crafts people working with traditional materials to help manifest a rare holiday experience. This is a fabulous heritage hotel that supports and sustains the local environment and culture.
The Coconut Lagoon is reached by boat and is a great place to stay the night before a private houseboat cruise.
Things to do at the Coconut Lagoon
- Massages and treatments at the Ayurveda centre where you can indulge in many different therapies
- Yoga sessions
- OttanThullal – a poetic performance of traditional Keralan art forms since the 18th Century
- Bird and nature watching
- Country canoe ride
- Sunset cruise on Vembanad lake
- Meet the tea lady from the local village on her floating tea shop
- Saree and Dhoti draping
- Visit the organic farm
Coconut Lagoon Resort Facilities
- Choice of beautiful heritage accommodation
- Swimming pool
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Shop offering a wide range of items from Kerala
- 3 restaurants and Paddy field hut dining experience
- Extensive grounds and butterfly garden
- Green leaf certified Ayurveda centre and yoga hall
- Cultural events and music lessons
Coconut Lagoon Room Facilities
- En-suite open to sky bathroom with toiletries
- Laundry service
- Hair dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Mini bar (at extra cost)
- Tea/coffee maker
- Bottled water
Staying at the Coconut Lagoon Resort
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Coconut Lagoon Resort or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.