Discover the Kantipur Temple House
In the middle of Kathmandu’s historical treasures lies the eco-friendly Kantipur Temple House, a peaceful haven with social responsibility and a zero plastic policy. Redbrick walls and handcrafted wooden furnishings adorn the comfortable rooms, which all have a private bathroom, fan, and seating space.
Guests can unwind in the garden or participate in a yoga or meditation class after touring Kathmandu’s cultural treasures. The restaurant is decorated in traditional Nepalese style and has a rooftop garden where guests can dine al fresco. It offers cosmopolitan cuisine prepared with organic products.
The Old Durbar Square and downtown Thamel are both 1.2 kilometres from Kantipur Temple House. Kathmandu International Airport is just 4.3 miles, so it’s the perfect accommodation for before or after your flight.
Things to do in Kathmandu
- Discover the hundreds of monuments in the ‘City of Temples’
- Visit the iconic Durbar Square, surrounded by the palaces of the Malla and Shah rulers in the heart of the city.
- See the colourful bustle of marigold merchants, saffron-clad sadhus (religious holy people) and wandering cows
- Journey to the Boudhanath Stupa on the mediaeval trade route to Tibet, up to Swayambhunath’s hilltop ‘Monkey Temple’ and down to Pashupatinath’s Shiva temple on the banks of the Bagmati River.
- Enjoy Kathmandu’s live music, cuisine, and art scene
Hotel facilities at Kantipur Temple House:
- 24 hour front desk
- Restaurant serving local organically produced native and international cuisine
- Free drinking water (refill your bottles)
- Free morning yoga classes
- Complimentary WI-FI
- Laundry service
- Business centre
Room facilities at Kantipur Temple House:
- Wake-up service
- Private bathroom
- Handmade local furniture
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Seating Area
- Wardrobe or closet
- Electric blankets
- Air purifiers
Staying at the Kantipur Temple House
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Kantipur Temple House or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.