Mantra Koodam, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
Discover the Mantra Koodam
Mantra Koodam is a unique eco-friendly resort located along the banks of the Veera Choza and Cauvery rivers where a dedicated bridge for access offers a tranquil location. It is located close to the temple town of Kumbakonam. With the well-being and relaxation of its guests a main priority the resort offers a wellness spa with river views. Accommodation of elegantly equipped cottages with rustic exteriors encased in beautiful gardens ensure a comfortable stay. Traditional meals are on offer consisting purely of healthy vegetarian cuisine.
Things to do at the Mantra Koodam Resort
- Visit a legendary Vedic school when in old Kumbakonam Town. The Raja Veda Kavya Patasala has produced renowned scholars and pandits since its establishment in 1542.
- If you would like to experience art as a cultural institution, visit Ramamohan’s house in Kumbakonam. There, he is keeping the ancient art form of Kalamkari alive and thriving.
- Wiggling through narrow lanes of Kumbakonam, the timeless technique of ‘Pattu’ silk weaving is alive and thriving in the hands of these master craftsmen.
- Temples of Thanjavur, Darasuram and Gangaikonda Cholapuram. An hour’s drive away from the property lies the historic town of Thanjavur, the epicentre of the Chola dynasty and a hub of South India’s indigenous arts, crafts and architecture.
- The ancient town of Swami Malai in Thanjavur is home to a group of artisans called the “Sthapathis”, Watch master craftsmen use the ‘Lost Wax’ technique, using a combination of wax and soft clay from the river bed to make moulds for ornate bronze sculptures.
- Catch glimpses of the rustic village life with a bullock cart ride across the countryside.
- The Navagrahas, or temples representing the nine planets, are all located within 60 km of Kumbakonam, and can be covered in a space of 1-2 days.
Mantra Koodam Resort Facilities
- Reception and travel desk
- Restaurant serving traditional recipes and authentic cuisine
- Tea Kadai – Tea shop
- Swimming Pool
Mantra Koodam Resort Room Facilities
There are 2 room options
A lavish cottage with a sitting area, a bedroom, a bathroom that is open to the elements; and a spacious courtyard all for yourself.
Designed like traditional Tamil homes, with large ornate doors, partially open bathrooms, Athangudi-tiled floors and verandas that offer a view of the green landscapes.
Staying at the Mantra Koodam Resort
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Mantra Koodam Resort or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.