Palais de Mahe, Puducherry
Discover the Palais de Mahe
Palais de Mahe lies close to the sea side promenade, barely 50 metres from the cool breezes and gentle rumblings of the Bay of Bengal. This signature hotel, with its majestic courtyard, deep verandahs, attractive pillars and period furniture, combines south Indian fire and flavor with French intensity and fervor to bring you an experience that is in every way unforgettable.
The Palais de Mahe is a French colonial style hotel that has been sympathetically designed reflecting the history and architecture of Puducherry. Surrounded by the sophistication of the French quarter it offers accommodation decorated with classic period style and modern touches. Distinctive French features include arched doorways, high ceilings and roof beams. Guests can enjoy a courtyard pool, spa and beautiful location just a stroll away from the Bay of Bengal.
Things to do at the Palais de Mahe
- With only a few minutes walk, why not spend the day at the beach, letting the sand get between your toes and maybe even watch the sun go down
- Take a stroll or a rickshaw ride admiring the French and Baroque architecture of the town of Puducherry. The town has a host of attractions waiting to be explored; art galleries, cafes, antique shops, historical buildings and beaches. Pondi eateries and markets are the perfect places for food lovers and shopaholics!
- Get involved with the local cuisine and visit the local market with the chef or join in one of the hotel’s cookery demonstrations
- Enjoy a picnic in the Botanical Gardens which is home to more than 1500 species of plants, and offers toy train rides and six fountains which are perfect for photographs
- Learn more about Puducherry by spending the day at Puducherry museum which has a rare collection of stone and bronze sculptures from the Chola and Pallava dynasties and displays past transport, galleries and fossils
- Visit the futuristic city of Auroville a place where research is being conducted into human unity
Palais de Mahe Hotel Facilities
- Roof top restaurant serving traditional recipes and authentic cuisine
- Coffee shop
- Cocktail bar
- Reception and travel desk
- Courtyard swimming pool
- Ayurveda centre
Palais de Mahe Room Facilities
- Beautifully decorated spacious rooms
- Private bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Free toiletries and hairdryer
- Tea and coffee making facility
- Room service
- Bottled water
Staying at the Palais de Mahe
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Palais de Mahe or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.