Discover the Taj Savoy
Set in six acres of serene grounds the Taj Savoy Ooty is just a short distance from the city centre. With architecture and decor inspired by the colonial heritage of the city, the rooms are spacious, modern and offer all the amenities you could need. Spa facilities offering Ayurvedic massages and body therapies, a fitness centre and the sporting activities available on site offer various ways of relaxing after a busy day.
The Taj Savoy Ooty is a 190-year old heritage property set amongst lush gardens with over 150 varieties of flowers. It epitomises the colonial-era lifestyle with croquet on the lawn, afternoon high tea and single malts by the fireplace. Famous guests include British filmmaker David Lean whilst filming A Passage to India and American author Harold Robbins.
Treat yourself to a signature Anglo Indian dish or the unexplored 400-year old Badaga cuisine exclusive to the Nilgiris. Relax and unwind in the spa or simply breathe in the clean mountain air.
Things to do at the Taj Savoy
- Don’t miss amazing photo opportunities at the lofty heights of Doddabetta, the highest peak in the Nilgiris
- Go wild for the wildlife in Bandipur national park
- Board the UNESCO listed Nilgiri Mountain Railway toy train to see the scenery by rail.
- Browse the books in the 152 year-old Nilgiri Library
- See the members only Ootacamund Gymkhana Club where snooker was invented in 1841 and home of the world’s first Billiard’s table
Taj Savoy Hotel Facilities
- Colonial style restaurant
- High Tea service
- Ayurveda centre offering rejuvenation programmes and intensive treatments
- Badminton, Basketball, Billiards / Snooker (chargeable), Board Games, Bonfire with games, Cricket, Indoor activities (Carom & Chess)
- Doctor on call (chargeable)
- Fitness centre and gymnasium
- Internet/email facilities
- Currency exchange
Taj Savoy Room Facilities
- Bathroom with shower
- Queen bed
- Seating area
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Satellite TV
- Personal safe
Staying at the Taj Savoy
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Taj Savoy or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.