Discover The House of MG
One of the oldest buildings in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Ahmedabad, The House of MG is a premier boutique heritage hotel and the perfect luxurious lodgings for your tour. Inside, you’ll find wonderfully colonial heritage architecture of the early 20th century both in the communal areas and in the beautifully appointed bedrooms.
You’ll be spoilt for choice with the dining options on offer. Choose from delicious Gujarati thalis (small samples of many dishes) freshly made from seasonal ingredients in the terrace restaurant Agashiye, or watch your dinner being cooked in the open kitchen at courtyard Green House café serving traditional Indian and International options.
Stock up on souvenirs in the hotel gift shop, relax and unwind in the beautiful indoor lotus swimming pool, or be pampered in the salon and spa. Then retreat to your comfortable room offering modern amenities in a homely but grand ambience.
Things to do at The House of MG
- As Mahatma Gandhi’s home from 1917 to 1930 during the long struggle for Indian independence, Sabarmati Ashram contains a large number of his documents, letters and photos, and displays his poignant, frugal living quarters.
- Visit the five-storey deep octagonal Adalaj Stepwell, decorated with delicate stone carvings depicting everything from buttermilk to eroticism.
- Wander the narrow streets of the UNESCO World Heritage Site town to take in the fascinating blend of Hindu and Islamic architecture, sample street food or visit a museum.
The House of MG Hotel Facilities
- Gallery with traditional Indian textiles
- Gift shop
- Health club
- Heritage bookstore
- Indoor swimming pool
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Tribal heirlooms boutique
- Two restaurants
The House of MG Room Facilities
With a sofa, work table and dressing room, you’ll have a spacious stay at The House of MG with all the amenities you need. Rooms include:
- Air conditioning
- Dressing area
- Flatscreen TV
- Room safe
Staying at The House of MG
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at The House of MG or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.