Discover the Windermere Estate
In the heart of a tea plantation in Munnar, the Windermere Estate is a peaceful retreat surrounded by lush greenery. Dine on the freshest produce from the resort gardens, and visit the kitchen to learn from the chef how dishes are made and take home a local recipe. Afterwards, unwind in the Tea shack with a cup of tea freshly brewed in large, charcoal-fired samovars.
The surroundings of this resort are truly beautiful. Go on a plantation trek in the evening and you might see butterflies, birds and giant squirrels in amongst the greenery. Stroll in the garden, nap in a hammock or climb up to the vantage point to take in the incredible views over the Western Ghats. Curl up with a book in the library or take a dip in the outdoor pool overlooking the tea gardens.
Things to do at the Windermere Estate, Munnar
- Go on a guided tea trail to learn about tea and meet the estate workers
- Visit the Tea Museum and its mini-factory
- Visit one of the surrounding National Parks and Sanctuaries, including Eravikulam National Park, Pampadam Shola National Park and Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Take advantage of the perfect weather conditions for hiking and follow the trails to Letchmi, Chokkanmudi or Top Station
Windermere Estate Facilities
- Library with books and board games
- Swimming pool
- Tea shop
Windermere Estate Room Facilities
- Balcony or terrace
- Bright and airy
- Clothes rack
- Coffee machine
- Free toiletries
Staying at the Windermere Estate
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Windermere Estate or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.