Discover Bhavnagar Gujarat
Bustling Bhavnagar is a city in the Saurashtra region of Gujarat with lots to do and see. This former princely state was founded in 1724 before being merged into the Indian Union in 1948 and is an important trade hub for industries of all sizes, housing the world’s largest ship-breaking yard.
Grab your binoculars and camera and head to Victoria Park for a spot of birdwatching, or get your culture fix at the white marble Takhteshwar Temple high on the hill, which offers some spectacular views of the city below.
Amble gently through the old city with its small shops, lively bazaars and amazing vegetable market and try the delicious Bhavnagar version of the popular Gujarati snack ‘Ganthiya’, made from chickpea flour.
Things to do in Bhavnagar
- Wander through the old city with its ornate wooden buildings, cute little shops, busy bazaars, and impressive vegetable market.
- Discover Victoria Park, a man-made forest with a variety of flora and fauna including Indian birds like raptors, waders, perching birds and magnificent peacocks.
- Visit Takhteshwar Temple with its high spire rising above the rectangular mandapa (pillared hall).
- Explore the beautiful Nilambag Palace, now a heritage hotel, with its influences of Colonial architecture and grand decoration.
- How to discover Bhavnagar with Authentic India Tours
The best way to see Bhavnagar
If you would like to visit Bhavnagar, why not take a look at one of our wonderful ATOL and ABTA protected holidays? Please remember all our private tours are designed to meet your exact requirements, and the tours mentioned are just examples to help inspire you. Contact our travel experts on 01792 315499 or email email@example.com for more information.