Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort, Burhanpur
One of the oldest hotels in Burhanpur, the Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort is the ideal place to stay enroute from Maheshwar to the Ajanta Caves. This family-run accommodation with its warm welcome and quirky touches is perfectly located in the city centre near to all the tourist attractions of Burhanpur.
Stay in a spacious air-conditioned cottage with a balcony, internet access and 24-hour room service. The hotel garden doubles as a dining area, and is a great setting for an al fresco evening meal accompanied by live Indian music.
Things to do
- Visit the well-preserved tomb of Begum Shah Shuja, built for by Shah Jahan for his loyal commander Shah Shuja’s wife. Inside are beautiful Mughal frescoes painted using vegetable dyes
- Although the Shahi Qila fort lies in ruins today, you can still sense the opulence from bygone days, such as a magnificent marble bath with painted frescos.
- Discover the imposing black stone Jami Masjid mosque with its carved Sanskrit inscriptions.
- Meander down Burhanpur’s maze-like lanes and you’ll see Indian rural architecture, along with traffic jams of buffalo and horse-drawn carriages.
Hotel facilities at the Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort, Burhanpur
- Live music in the evening
- Medical assistance
Room facilities at the Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort, Burhanpur
The rooms at the Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort, Burhanpur are spacious and full of character. They include:
- 24-hour room service
- Attached bathroom
- Bottled drinking water
Staying at the Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort, Burhanpur
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort, Burhanpur or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.