Pahalgam Hotel, Jammu and Kashmir
Discover the Pahalgam Hotel, Jammu and Kashmir
Spread over two acres, the Phalagam Hotel was established in 1931 and is known for its rejuvenating ambience, hospitality and wholesome tasty cuisine. Situated at the lofty height of 7200 feet it is located in Pahalgam, the valley of shepherds and is one of Kashmir’s most popular and picturesque resorts.
The rooms offer splendid views of the River Lidder and snow-clad mountains, one of the reasons that the hotel is a popular filming location for Bollywood movies.
The Dining Hall serves Indian, Kashmiri, Gujarati, Continental, Chinese & Jain cuisines. The Pine Retreat coffee shop offers beverages and snacks by the bonfire and Café Log Inn has coffee and a range of eateries. The Troutbeat specialises in rainbow trout dishes and you can enjoy barbeques at Stone Age Lounge and Little Hut Snacks Bar.
Things to do at the Pahalgam Hotel:
- As part of Asia’s only saffron growing area, Pahalgam is the ideal place to see saffron plants in full bloom in the month of November.
- Pahalgam is the starting point of many trekking and hiking trails to the surrounding mountains through pine forests, clear mountain streams and wildflower meadows.
- July/August brings thousands of pilgrims to Pahalgam as the starting point of the Amarnath yatra (holy journey) to the holy cave shrine of Amarnath, said to be the abode of Lord Shiva.
Hotel facilities at the Pahalgam Hotel:
- Restaurants and cafes
- Seasonal swimming pool
- Health club with sauna, steam bath and gym
- Indoor games such as billiards and table tennis
- Laundry facilities
- Mini theatre
- Souvenir shop
- Conference/function hall
- Business centre
Room facilities at the Phalagam Hotel:
The beautifully furnished rooms are spacious and feature comfortable beds. They include:
- LCD TV
Staying at the Phalagam Hotel
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailor-made holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Phalagam Hotel or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.