Discover Ella Sri Lanka
An endless sprawl of lush tea plantations and mountain ranges has made the enchanting mountain town of Ella a must-see destination. This hill-country village is the perfect place for a more leisurely pace on your Sri Lanka tour. Admire the stunning views through Ella Gap and you might catch a glimpse of the glow from the Great Basses lighthouse on Sri Lanka’s south coast on a clear night.
Enjoy a walk through tea plantations, around temples, to waterfalls and amazing viewpoints. Visit between January to April and avoid the rainy months from October to mid-December.
Things to do in Ella Sri Lanka
- Arrive by train from Kandy. The journey is long but well worth it, as it’s one of the most picturesque in the world.
- See the Demodara Loop, a stretch of mountain railway that corkscrews downhill supposedly inspired in design by turban tying.
- Visit the tea factory to see how Ceylon Tea is processed.
- Try your hand at harvesting tea alongside local pluckers.
- See the 2,000-year-old rock Dhowa temple with its 39 ft unfinished Buddha statue carved into the surrounding rock.
The best way to see Ella
If you would like to visit Ella, why not take a look at one of our wonderful ATOL and ABTA protected holidays? Please remember all our private tours are designed to meet your exact requirements, and the tours mentioned are just examples to help inspire you. Contact our travel experts on 01792 315499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.