Taj Savoy, Ooty
The Taj Savoy in Ooty is a 190-year old heritage property set amongst five acres of lush gardens with over 150 varieties of flowers. It epitomises the colonial-era lifestyle with croquet on the lawn, afternoon high tea and single malts by the fireplace. Once a school for children, this converted hotel lies nestled in the hill station of Ooty amidst the Blue Mountains. Famous guests include British filmmaker David Lean whilst filming A Passage to India and American author Harold Robbins.
Treat yourself to a signature Anglo Indian dish or the unexplored 400-year old Badaga cuisine exclusive to the Nilgiris. Relax and unwind in the spa or simply breathe in the clean mountain air.
Things to do:
- Don’t miss amazing photo opportunities at the lofty heights of Doddabetta, the highest peak in the Nilgiris
- Go wild for the wildlife in Bandipur national park
- Board the UNESCO-listed Nilgiri Mountain Railway toy train to see the scenery by rail.
- Browse the books in the 152-year-old Nilgiri Library
- See the members-only Ootacamund Gymkhana Club where snooker was invented in 1841 and home of the world’s first Billiard’s table.
Taj Savoy Resort Facilities:
- Ayurveda centre offering rejuvenation programmes and intensive treatments
- Billiards / Snooker -chargeable
- Board Games
- Bonfire with games
- Car hire service
- Conference hall with projector
- Copier facilities
- Currency exchange
- Doctor on call (chargeable)
- Fitness centre and gymnasium
- Indoor activities (Carom & Chess)
- Internet/email facilities
- Laptop computers and portable printers available to hire
- Nature trail (chargeable)
- Pony riding (chargeable)
- Soft toys in children’s rooms
- Table tennis
- Traditional games (spinning top, Pallankuzhi & Marbles)
- Yoga available (chargeable)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Queen bed
At Authentic India Tours, our Tamil Nadu holidays are tailor-made to meet your exact requirements. You can stay at the Taj Savoy, Ooty for a couple of nights as part of a tour, add a few nights as an extension to your trip or make it the centrepiece of a relaxing Tamil Nadu holiday.