Ratan Vilas, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Discover the Ratan Vilas
This beautiful heritage hotel was once the home of the Maharaj Ratan Singh, and still retains a regal feel, with grand pillars, secluded courtyards and luscious lawns. A welcome retreat hidden away from the bustling Indian streets, this palatial paradise has a glorious outdoor swimming pool for a cooling dip after a day’s exploring in Jodhpur, and a small boutique for gifts and souvenirs.
For breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can sample a medley of traditional Indian flavours and continental fares in the dining room or al fresco amongst the trees in the garden.
Things to do at the Ratan Vilas
- Roam around the blue-hued houses in the old area of the ‘Blue City’
- Try the delicious local food, including sweets, mirchi bada (a type of filled fritter) and the exotic dessert mawa kachori.
- Head to the interconnecting Sadar bazar, Tripoliya market and Nai-Sarak Market to buy holiday souvenirs.
- Explore the grand Mehrangarh Fort in the centre of the City which contains palaces with impressive courtyards and intricate carvings, and several galleries
- Visit the Jaswant Thadam cenotaph, the cremation ground for the Marwar royal family, dating back to 1899
Ratan Vilas Hotel Facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Dining room serving traditional Indian flavours and continental fare
- Laundry and dry cleaning services can be arranged
- Luggage storage facilities
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Souvenir shop
Ratan Vilas Room Facilities
The stately rooms at Ratan Vilas surround the traditional shaded inner courtyards and have seating areas where you can curl up with a book. The ensuite bathrooms have beautiful marble bathtubs for an indulgent soak, and if you’re feeling peckish, you can summon room service for a light snack or full meal. Rooms include:
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom with marble bathtubs
- Continuous supply of hot water
- Double or twin beds
- Hi-speed WiFi
- In-room seating
- LED TVs with satellite connection
- Luggage racks
- Portable heater for winters
- Room service available (fixed hours)
- Safety locker
- Separate shower enclosure
- Tea/coffee maker
- Writing table
Staying at the Ratan Vilas
At Authentic India Tours, our ATOL and ABTA protected tailormade holidays are designed to meet your exact requirements. If you would like to stay at the Ratan Vilas or extend your stay as part of your tour please let us know.